We all know to wash our hands often, with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds); however, here are some helpful tips that you may have not considered yet:
1. Keep a log of your temperature and seek testing if you have 100.0 or higher
2. After returning home from being in public, wash and change your clothing
3. Don’t forget to sanitize the small items in your life (cell phones, eye glasses…)
Disinfect your shoes!
Did you know your shoes can be carriers of the virus? Consider disinfecting the tops and bottoms of your shoes, before entering your home. You’ll want to fill a spray bottle up with disinfectant solution and spray your shoes thoroughly. Allow your shoes to air dry before putting them on again!
Personal Protective Equipment
Using Universal Precaution, along with Personal Protective Equipment is saving lives across the country. If your curious about proper ways to put on and remove PPE, here are two helpful online resources:
Pima County has a new hotline to serve those seeking aid from the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Assistance Program (funded by the Arizona Department of Housing). For more information on eligibility and to access an application, visit:
Pima County also provided the following link to help health care workers, access housing if they are worried about infecting family members in their home:
COVID-19 and Pets
Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from possible infections:
1. Don’t let pets interact with other people or animals
2. Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent interactions
3. Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining 6ft from people and animals
4. Avoid dog parks/public places where large numbers gather
Please consult a veterinarian if you have any concerns about your pet’s health!