The Catalina Care Model
The Catalina Care Model is guided by a commitment to excellence. Clients receive the highest standard of care with expert management and thoughtful concierge customer service.
A Specialist in Homecare
- Premier Caregivers: Catalina caregivers are carefully screened professionals, trained and prepared to deliver the highest quality care. Our Caregivers share the company values of honesty, respect, integrity, and teamwork. Catalina looks for caregivers who will be good long-term placements and works with clients to refine their caregiver team. To read more about this premier workforce please see Catalina Caregivers.
- Experienced Nurses: Nurses support clients with care planning and wellness visits. RN Care Management is available for clients who need additional coordination and advocacy. Nurses ensure a coordinated effort by caregivers and are available for consults if a client has a clinical concern. A Catalina Nurse is on call 24/7 for urgent needs on nights an weekends. Read more about this essential component of the Catalina Care Model in Nurse Services.
- Expert Navigators: In addition to help around the home, Catalina can help clients through the healthcare maze. Catalina can coordinate with doctors, client representatives, long-term care insurance companies, assisted living facilities, and other care providers to promote the best possible outcomes for clients. Administrators and nurses can make community referrals when a client needs to connect with additional speciality services.
A nurse or administrator is available to visit your residence to discuss initiating services. Consultations cover a range of topics like client care goals, schedule options, preliminary assessment of care level, and clear explanation of the financial agreement.
If you are not ready for an in-home consultation, Catalina can provide information about our rates, caregivers, and other inquiries by mail, email, phone, or in-office meeting.
Shifts can be scheduled morning, afternoon, evening, and night on both a temporary and ongoing basis. Catalina nurses and Care Coordinators are available to suggest options that will serve a client’s needs. Catalina usually recommends a consistent weekly schedule for new clients. A schedule can range anywhere from four hours once a week, to daily care, weekend and night service, or full-time care.
Catalina provides specialized services that allow our clients to continuing living at home with as much independence and safety as possible. Families can focus on relationships instead of managing care, and feel secure that there is a system in place if a client’s needs increase.
We have guided thousands of clients in creating and implementing individualized care plans to achieve goals of living independently, maintaining quality of life, staying connected to family and engaged in social life, managing chronic conditions, returning home and adjusting after a medical procedure, and avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations. Catalina clients experience compassionate, coordinated care and expert support delivered to the highest standard of excellence.
Our caregivers are:
- Carefully Screened: Applicants must have clean nationwide criminal history background check, clean driving record, and a verifiable work history including professional experience working as a caregiver. Catalina only hires caregivers who have received professional training, and applicants must demonstrate professional proficiency by passing Catalina’s rigorous in-office skills exam. All new caregivers receive a skill assessment and review conducted by a nurse in the Catalina Skill Lab and must attend a thorough orientation to Catalina’s policies.
- Professionally Managed: Caregivers are employees of Catalina and the company assumes management responsibility for payroll and related taxes, benefits, liability insurance, worker’s compensation, scheduling, and caregiver oversight. Catalina shows respect for the caregiving team through competitive compensation, a rich benefits package, and compassionate management. Every caregiver receives routine in-person evaluations, and must attend an annual general staff meetings. All caregivers maintain current CPR and first aid credentials, HIPAA and OSHA training, fingerprint clearance credentials, driver’s license and car insurance, negative TB test, and have a legal right to work in the United States.
- Trained & Tested for Skill Level: All Catalina Caregivers have completed reputable post-secondary education such as a Nursing Assistant, Personal Care Attendant, or Home Health Aid Certification program with a combination of hand-ons skill experience. Additionally, Catalina facilitates and requires continuing education annually. The Catalina Skill Lab is a teaching setting where nurses perform skill and policy reviews with each caregiver, or instruct on specialized caregiving skills for complex care situations.